London Open 2014: April Update - 2 weeks to go
Posted By: stw672
Date: Friday, 25 April 2014, at 3:13 p.m.
The London Open 2014 Team are delighted to be able to report that current world number one, Falafel, will be joining us at the London Open this year. Falafel is a great a player, a great commentator and an all-round great guy. We are pleased and honoured that he will be attending.
We still have 80 or so tickets left for the biggest single-flight backgammon tournament in the world - the Backgammon London Open 2014!
You can purchase tickets for the London Open 2014 here:
We are working on the details of the full schedule with the Hippodrome. This will be released in the next week. We can confirm the start times on each of the days.
• The Super Jackpot will commence at 7:00 p.m. on the 9th May.
• Warm-Up Tournaments will commence at 7:00 p.m. on the 9th May.
• The London Open and the Professionals' Tournament will commence at 10:00 a.m. on the 10th May.
• The Gala Dinner will commence at 8:00 p.m. on the 10th May
• All tournaments will continue of the 11th May starting at 10:00 a.m.
• The London Doubles will commence on Sunday morning.
• A special exhibition match between ex-World Champion Mochy and a star London team of Raj Jansari and Simon Barget will take place on the afternoon of the 11th May.
Players are requested to note that the Backgammon London Open prides itself on running to time and that penalty points are always awarded for late-comers.
Players wishing to participate in side-pools are strongly advised to arrive at least 45 minutes before the start time.
The following tournaments will start as players are knocked out of the main events:
• The London Shield
• The Hippodrome Cup
• Speed Gammon
• Single Colour Checker Gammon
• Tric Trac Tournaments
• 8 - player Jackpots
• 16 - player Jackpots
• 32 - player Jackpots
With the exception of the London Open, the Professionals' Tournament and the Super Jackpot, players may only play in one event at any one time.
The British Backgammon Awards
We have already received 250 votes for the British Backgammon Awards. Voting closes in 5 days time. If you haven't voted already you can do so here:
The London Backgammon Tour
All matches at the London Open will score double points on the London Backgammon Tour.
Tariq Siddiqi currently leads the tour: http://backgammonlondon.weebly.com/london-backgammon-tour-2014.html
The April Points Race is currently being led by Eric Maillebiau: http://backgammonlondon.weebly.com/the-london-backgammon-tour-april-points.html
Backgammon at the Hippodrome
We have 8 tickets left for this Sunday's inaugural backgammon tournament at the Hippodrome. Get tickets here if you want to come: http://backgammonlondon.weebly.com/backgammon-at-the-hippodrome.html
Roll well and we hope to see you soon,
The Backgammon London Open 2014 Team
BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.