[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Double Match Point:Winning Chances ?

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Monday, 28 April 2014, at 3:48 p.m.

In Response To: Double Match Point:Winning Chances ? (Bill Calton)

Bill wrote:

I wonder how hard favorite (White) should push for the second man? After all, he will be a pretty big favorite to win anyway after closing out one man.

Well, White doesn't have that many options at this stage. Obviously, assuming Blue dances, White will make the bar point with a 6 instead of completing the closeout, since there's no risk involved. The interesting question is whether White should make banana split plays when Blue enters. I think the answer will usually be no, unless Blue actually coughs up another blot and White rolls something really awkward.

During the bearoff, I think generally White should not volunteer shots with the idea of picking up the second checker. We saw an example of this recently from the Denmark/World competition. Even when Blue has 8 checkers off, volunteering a shot during the bearoff is doubtful.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.