[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The “Koca” – A view from below

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Sunday, 18 May 2014, at 12:27 a.m.

I call this a view from below because this Intermediate Division player is not qualified to judge what gets a name and what doesn’t. That said, here are my two cents.

Just like J.J. Cale and Eric Clapton, we all love to sing, “Kocaine!” We don’t mess with the stuff, but we love the dangerous talk. Is that enough to justify putting a name on this concept:

When you come up with both checkers from the back anchor when also building moves are available. For example, after a slot with an opening 41, you roll 43, and play 24/20* 24/21 instead of 24/20* 13/10. This would be a right Koca. – Casper Van der Tak

The idea seems much too amorphous for naming. The Pottle, for instance, is a distinct tactic that is more often right than not. The Bagai is an equally precise–and limited–circumstance and move. Playing up instead of building is way too general in my opinion.

Coolrey has his signature, "62 from the bar!" Bob Koca playing two checkers up feels more like a signature than a general concept. You might want to name it on that basis, but not because it contains any insight that we can apply over the board.

I love ya, Bob, but I think we need to come up with something more deserving of your sobriquet.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.