[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Advice on where to play

Posted By: Alex Schofield
Date: Tuesday, 20 May 2014, at 12:19 p.m.

I'm a first time poster on here, having gotten into playing Backgammon in the last couple of years.

I currently play extremely infrequently as I'm a UK expat living in China, where it seems that nobody has even heard of the game. I started a club but it didn't last long because we had a lot of conflict regarding the rules. We had quite a few players from the Middle-East & Arabic countries who refused to play unless it was by their rules ie no doubling cube, no pick & pass in home board, no backgammon triple-game wins etc. There is a club in Hong Kong that runs monthly that I regularly attend.

I spend most of my playing time playing against XG where my average PR is usually between 4-6 (Last 1000 money games my PR is 4.69), and I study matches played by top-class players on Youtube and other sites and compare my plays with theirs. However, I can find it a little boring playing against a machine because it never makes mistakes, it doesn't make the mistakes and crazy plays that humans can make. Sometime in the next couple of years I will move back to the UK and compete in some of the tournaments there, I think the BG scene in the UK is definitely moving in the right direction.

Can anyone recommend good places to play on the internet? I keep seeing that most sites seem to be closing down or people are worried about bot infiltration. I'm looking to play either for free or for small stakes, around $5-10 a point preferably with the lowest rake possible. At the moment the only place I can find to easily play against people is Facebook!!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.