[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chicago Incident

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 27 May 2014, at 6:21 a.m.

The reason I bring this up other than all y'all love some good drama is because there is a collective wondering on whether the rule(s) in place are the best way to handle what happened. Here is the the incident as I understand it happened. I was there so saw/overheard some of it and then after discussed it with Falafel and briefly with Rory. The short of it:

The tournament was a sort of modified Swiss event where you always knew the starting time of the next round. Falafel showed up 17-18 minutes late for his match v. Bill Riles and was informed that he would receive two penalty points. Bill attempted to wave them off somehow saying that wasn't necessary. Basically he didn't want to accept the penalty points. Rory informed him it wasn't his option, it was the rules. Falafel wasn't too happy with the ruling.

I have a strong opinion on everything from what happened to suggested possible solutions, esp. a time violation instead of penalty points, but ladies first.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.