[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Transcriptions compensations

Posted By: Bill Patterson
Date: Friday, 30 May 2014, at 10:28 p.m.

I wish to post my opinions about transcriptions in regards to compensation. First of all, I do enjoy doing transcriptions and I certainly do not expect to be paid for doing them.It is not work for me and I do wish to contribute to the Backgammon community as Backgammon is literally a life saver for me. I live among people who are a lot older than me, so I spend most of my time with Backgammon as I do not have anything in common with the people who live in this retirement community.If it were not for Backgammon,I would probably be in a very depressed state. So that is why I like to give back. Phil is a good Friend to me and I certainly did not expect any payment from him as I just wanted to give back as he has certainly contributed so much to the game. Do I think that transcribers should be paid? My answer is no unless a player specifically asks for his or her match(S)to be done and certainly at a reasonable cost negotiated but certainly NOT be paid at an hourly fee.I appreciate Phil sending the money to me but as I told him it certainly was not necessary.I only want to give back as I am thankful to have many good Friends on this forum and I do love the game. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.