[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Beat me and win a board in L.A.

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Thursday, 5 June 2014, at 5:12 a.m.

I am bringing two beautiful, new leather boards with me to LA that are for sale for $450.00. (I have sold 35 of these boards in less than two months because they are beautiful boards and a great value, even according to Taki who gave me permission to quote him.)

So here is the challenge. Pending MFIC's approval and provided it doesn't take away from other ongoing events, any Open player can put up $220 and play me a 1 point match. If they win, they win the board, if they lose, they lose the $220. An Intermediate player can play me for the board but he only has to put up $200. (Any intermediate player who would rather play a 3 point match will have that option, and any open player who is not ranked above me on the Giants list that wants to play a 3 point match can also have that option.)

After I lose the two boards, if there is demand and I'm not broke from the first two losses, I may continue to play people in this manner for boards, but the winner will have to wait 3-4 weeks for his board. However, he gets to choose his colors, style of points, leather color, checker colors, etc. The charge would be $10 more because I would have some additional shipping expense.

(Provided I make a profit, I will give Pat Gibson a fee for allowing me to do this at his tournament, and if it is well-received and I win at least a few of my matches, I will do this at other tournaments as well, or before or after tournaments.)

You can see a short video and pictures of these two boards at https://vimeo.com/97396820

put in the password consignment

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.