[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Great Prime-versus-Prime Problem

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Sunday, 15 June 2014, at 12:07 a.m.

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 103
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 108
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-bBBBBCB-----------cccbbB-:0:0:1:00:0:0:3:0:10

The Great Prime-versus-Prime Problem

I have converted Advanced Backgammon #155) into a puzzle. I call it "The Great Prime-versus-Prime Problem" (not to be confused with The Great Prime Problem).

OBJECTIVE: Starting with the opening position, reach the above position in a total of eight moves, each player having played four rolls. Either player may start. All checker plays and cube actions have been "perfect" (zero error rate) according to all of XGR, XGR+ and XGR++.

I believe my solution sequence is unique. All plays, except for the opening reply (which is standard), are at least a blowout. It will also be obvious that the cube should never be turned -- doubling will always be a multi-whopper. Therefore, you needn't bother checking XG as you try to solve the puzzle (unless you are looking for the second solution that would barely qualify if I had defined XGR++ as the lone arbiter).

Good luck!

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.