[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Parallels Mobile App for Iphone

Posted By: AP
Date: Friday, 20 June 2014, at 5:24 a.m.

Parallels recently released their Parallels Access app for iPhone and Android. Price is $20/yr.

They released a version for iPad a while back, which was nearly worthless to me since my iPad is almost never connected to the internet when I am away from home...but for iPhone it's a different story...here is my review of my experience using the app on trial mode from my iPhone as it relates to BG.

-Successfully launched Gridgammon and played a 5-pt match

-The inability to click on the dice to switch the order is even more annoying when using iPhone then when playing on a laptop. GG should fix this...but in the meantime, it was still possible (but annoying) to drag a checker using the iPhone interface.

-Launched XG and loaded the match, had XG analyze it, confirm donk status as per usual

-Stepping through errors on iPhone interface was horrendous...every move the software pops up all the options to cut/copy/paste/etc.

Overall, I thought the Parallels Access experience was great. I tested a few other pieces of software that I use that currently require a laptop and they all worked above my expectation. Lunchtime GG battles...hello.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.