[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BGBlitz 2.5.0 is online

Posted By: Frank Berger
Date: Sunday, 17 February 2008, at 8:29 p.m.

Dear Backgammon afficionados, (German Text appended)

I just uploaded BGBlitz 2.5.0 (http://www.bgblitz.com), a free update for all users. Just save your license file, uninstall, install the new version and copy back your license file (or new: drag it on the running application).

What's new?

Most effort was put in improving the user experience. Finally, finally finally there is a toolbar ;) I could use a lot of Icons from the "Crystal" project and added a few BG specific. In the same process I redesigned the status messages and I believe the informations are now easier to grasp. Further the checkers got a shadow. Although the shadow is not calculated with exact 3D-calculations the board looks more plastically. The movement of the checkers is now a slow in slow out that feels more natural. With several other improvements I feel BGBlitz looks much more attractive now!

Some more stuff. When you edit a position, you can now position checkers with the mouse wheel. The scrolling direction corresponds with the visual representation, so on the upper half you have to scroll down to add a checker and in the lower you have to scroll up. Feedback appreciated.

One more thing ;) Imagine you have a couple of positions you want to look at. Isn't it boring to go through the file selector all the time, even if the directory/folder is remembered? You are right. Why not just drag and drop the pos file on BGBlitz? Good idea! BGBlitz supports now drag and drop for
- positions to look at / evaluate
- matches to replay
- rollouts to view
- interrupted matches to play on
- installation of the license files.
Further suggestions are welcome.

Several bugs were also fixed with three serious ones. Depending on the action an inconsistent board could occur and the random numbers for network play were flawed, you were often getting the same dice sequences in several games!

A whole bunch of smaller improvements and bug fixes.

Again I delayed the rollouts, because next to what I included in this release I started in November to work on improvements in the AI (and my time is limited) and this was a good point to make a release.

Because the changes were not widespread I expect this version to be pretty stable.

I hope you will enjoy the new stuff. As always is feedback appreciated.

ciao Frank

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.