[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG Mobile Android - Public Beta Testing

Posted By: eXtreme Gammon
Date: Friday, 27 June 2014, at 1:52 a.m.

Hello everyone

The Android version of XG mobile is ready for Public Beta testing.

For those who are new to beta testing, what I expect from a beta tester is to report any bugs , preferably with a way to reproduce the problem. You can send the bug report either on the google + group (not my google account as I never check it) or by email. Please include the device you are using. I’ll also be interested to see how fast XG run on your device, you can check that from the “main menu>>about>>calibrate”

Joining the beta test does not entitle the tester for a free version once the program is released, you may have to deal with bugs and change in the software (for instance between version 0.5.2 and 0.6.0 I move the location of the profile, it means all 0.5.2 Beta testers lost their profile)

Here is how Google Play beta test works:

• You need to send me the email address you use to connect your device to “Google Play”
  • You need to join Google+, if you are not yet, use this link
  • I will send an invitation to the Google+ XGMobile group
  • Once you accepted go to the following url: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gamesite2000.xgmobile
  • After accepting being in beta, in the same window click on “Download XG Mobile Backgammon from the Play Store”
  • Connect your device to your PC/MAC
  • Click “install”

Once installed, the app will show in your list, any future update will appear in “google play”, in the “My app” area.

Here is a status on what is still missing or known bug in version 0.6.0

• In App purchase is not programmed. You can change from the “standard” version to the “premium” from the loading screen
  • Help is not implemented, the help menu goes to debug screen
  • No Gesture are handled, I am actually not sure I will implement any.
  • There is a few bug when the phone lock or when you switch to another app. When restoring sometime the screen goes black or the board is occupying half of the screen. I am working on these.
  • Some issue in the animations for instance double clicking on a point move one checker immediately to the destination will the other slide, Both should slide.

If you are interest in joining the beta test, please email me back your google play email and I will send you an invitation to the XGMobile Group

Thanks

Xavier Dufaure de Citres
    GameSite 2000 ltd.

•  

Post Response

Your Name:
    Your E-Mail Address:
    Subject:
    If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.