[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Novi Match Files

Posted By: Keene
Date: Tuesday, 15 July 2014, at 4:44 p.m.

In Response To: Novi Match Files (Bob Koca)

UBK: Extremely consistent. Right about 4.0 every time.

IMHO this is the single hardest thing to accomplish, reducing the variance. Perhaps this is also what really separates giants from non-giants - the degree of consistency. Personally, I know that I could try for the 4 club, but would likely suffer from the inconsistency which would ultimately hurt me. ie I dont think I could overcome the occasional 5.x or 6.x which I would get over the course of 10+ matches that would end my chase for the sub 4 average.

So, really, this is a very good accomplishment, to nail down these kinds of numbers consistently - only very few players can accomplish that, and certainly I doff my cap to Dmitriy.

K

PS: An additional thought - thinking of my own play, I tend to play better against better opponents, ie the closer my opponent can play to XG, the better I play. Dmitriy here has demonstrated an ability to play tightly without that restriction.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.