[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Thank you, Tom Keith, Jason Lee, Bob Koca, Nack Ballard, Taper Mike, Leo Bueno and so many others (Long)

Posted By: scotty
Date: Thursday, 17 July 2014, at 2:45 a.m.

I have had the good fortune to study a number of disciplines during my life; as a carpenter's apprentice, as a signal maintainer for the railway, and as a musician. In all of them, knowledge is power, and most people who have the knowledge are reluctant to share freely. However, on this discussion list, the best in the world do share freely, and present the information in a manner that gives it strong credibility. I have learned so much today, that i feel compelled to express my appreciation! Thank you to all on the list who contribute.

And special thanks to the following people:

Tom Keith

http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=163971

This is fabulous analysis, Tom. It's just what I need to develop understanding of the cube. I know all this info is on your website, and i have been living there for the past month. I have links to 9 different pages on bkgm.com on my desktop and brouser, and more stashed away in various folders. I'm learning slowly, doing the math myself, and slowly gaining understanding. Today, i watched a match on FIBS, with the score at 2a 5a, the trailer had a position only slightly stronger than the leader. The trailer doubled, and the leader dropped! In an instant, i knew it was an error to cube, and an error to drop! Two weeks ago, I would not have known this. It's only by doing the math/analysis myself that i begin to learn the basics of the cube. I just want you to know that your efforts are truly helping beginning and intermediate players to understand the game. bkgm.com is truly a great resource. Thank you so much for sharing your expertise.

I also need to thank Jason Lee for running the online match. I've gained so much from participating. By doing the drop/take calculations for 11a 11a, i now understand why it important to learn the cube for money games. It's great to see how others would play the dice, and read their analysis of the position. This is all very helpful to me. I'm sure it consumes a good deal of your time, requires a daily commitment, and constant monitoring of replies and comments. Thank you so much for contributing.

Thanks to Bob Koca for introducing me to some of the intricacies of the cube. I'm far from expert, but have benefitted from your encouragement, and have gained an understanding that there are many positions to be explored in depth, beyond the simple mathematics. Thank you for taking the time to help a beginner.

Thanks to Nack Ballard and Taper Mike for posting these positions today,

http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=163986 http://www.bgonline.org/forums/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=163990

and for your comments. Your analysis is giving me some insight into how to play the openings, and why. I know it will take years of concerted study to gain a strong understanding of the early game. It is one of my biggest challenges. Thank you for opening the door of understanding.

Thank you to Leo Bueno for the DQ. I can't begin to describe how helpful it is for me. Well done, and keep them coming. Please understand that others are learning, and appreciate your efforts.

Thanks to David Rockwell, and Neil Kazaross for a great MET. When i saw Tom Keith's numbers in his analysis of gammon values, i recognized them immediately!

And thanks to people such as David Presser, Adam Stocks and Igor Erovenko, who have all helped me directly, and to all those who post here. Your insights and analysis contribute to the understanding of a lot of people like myself. Thank you all, so very much!

And finally, a big Thank You to Stick, for hosting this forum!

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.