[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM 20140804A The Dilly Builders -- CONSULTATION

Posted By: MandM1951
Date: Monday, 4 August 2014, at 9:38 p.m.

In Response To: OLM 20140804A The Dilly Builders -- CONSULTATION (Jason Lee)

I'm glad this went to a consultation; it is an interesting decision.

On the initial vote, I was in the minority who voted to make the 2 point. My reasoning was that I didn't want to leave direct shots when outboarded.

It is true that the loose hit takes the initiative, takes away half of Factors roll, and unstacks our heavy midpoint. But look at all the rolls that hit back. I'm not at all sure that the tradeoff is worth it, especially since we do have another useful play. I think we need to respect their 3-point board.

True, the two point is not ideal, but another hb point IS an asset. And we still have a spare on our 6 points (plus the spares on our mid).

I think the running play is the weakest of the 3. It leaves a direct shot and doesn't have the advantages of the hitting play. Our back checkers aren't in danger (yet), since Factors have no spares on our side of the board.

So, in summary. My first choice remains 8/2 6/2. My second choice is 13/3. And my 3rd choice is 24/14.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.