[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A good test position for XG3 beta?

Posted By: scotty
Date: Tuesday, 12 August 2014, at 10:19 p.m.

In Response To: A good test position for XG3 beta? (Timothy Chow)

I certainly underestimated the gammon potential for blue. I just played the position out a few dozen times against GNU, and was shocked at the difficulties in containing the runner. If I had guessed at the time I posted my earlier message, I would have guessed 15 to 20% gammons. In my personal trials, I lost 11 gammons in 25 games, which indicates that i really don't have a firm grip on the containment issues. Having played it through, I now question my sanity. In one game, I missed with 25/36 hitting chances, then missed again with 20/36 hitting chances and finally missed with 11/36 chances. When i looked at the probabilities, those misses will happen about 1 in 24 games. That equals about 4 gammons in a hundred games. I certainly underestimated the chances of the runner escaping. At this point, I'm ready to accept that the bot understands this position MUCH better than i do.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.