Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Tuesday, 2 September 2014, at 1:36 p.m.
I have been recommending that beginners play Hypergammon as an easier way to learn the basics of the game. (Hypergammon is simply each player starts with 3 checkers on his 24 point and then you play, without the cube, until someone bears off all three checkers.)
1. Who invented this?
2. It is a highly skillful game or a simple game?
3. Would XG play this well?
4. Has this ever been offered as a side event at a major tournament, and if so, were the winners usually the better players?
5. Is this a good game to play for money with the cube?
6. Has anyone here play a lot of this game?
7. Do you agree that this is a good way for beginners to get acquainted with Backgammon.
Messages In This Thread
BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.