[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Is it possible to manipulate dice rolls online?

Posted By: Marv Porten
Date: Monday, 22 September 2014, at 6:07 p.m.

There have been a few occasions while playing at Gridgammon where opponents hesitated for 5 to 10 seconds before rolling the dice (they had previously rolled immediately after my turn ended) and they then got the exact roll they needed. This raised my suspicions that there could be a hacking or timing way to manipulate the dice, but I dismissed those concerns as unfounded.

Last week there was an occurrence that re-ignited my concerns. The score was 3-3/7. I was about 20 pips ahead in a non-contact, roughly 80-100 race and doubled. My opponent took, re-doubled to 4 at the first opportunity, then rolled several large doubles to win the match. This could, of course, be nothing more than a player who was anxious to end the match, and who got lucky. But it also could have been someone who had the ability to control the dice rolls.

My question is: Is it possible to manipulate dice rolls online?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.