[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Japan Open

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Monday, 13 October 2014, at 11:21 p.m.

The Open is all over (but for the deep dish pizza I plan to have tonight after work). There was record attendance, and a much larger international presence. The JBL and tournament staff did their usual wonderful job of keeping the chaos orderly, or making the orderliness seem chaotic. Mochy and Kenji continued their streak as ambassadors for backgammon par excellence. The top two finishers in the main, consolation, and super jackpot represented six different countries, indeed four different continents.

Besides eating sushi with Kenji ("Tuna Paradise") there was Peking duck at Chinese Cafe 8, gourmet snacks at Michelin-starred Argento Aso in Ginza (for Akiko's celebration of her world championship), a kushiage feast at Mogami restaurant, and for a handful of us, amazing teppanyaki last night. (And don't forget pizza tonight! ;-))

It may seem like I am harping on the food, but since I failed to cash it seems a good thing to harp on.

Thank again to all who helped make this one of the world's "must do" tournaments.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.