[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon book

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Saturday, 18 October 2014, at 6:07 p.m.

A friend of mine (who is trying to help a friend of his) asked me if I could help identify and/or find a particular backgammon book. Someone named "Mich40" posted the text below (I don't know the site -- I'm just re-pasting what was copied to me in an e-mail).

I am trying to locate a great book I read years ago about backgammon. The stories take place all over the world; Monte Carlo, Luxor,and such. The stories center around now people cheated and swindled people out of money, swindlers. One story was about using magnetized dice to make doubles happen more frequently. Another story was about a finely dressed woman who loaded her cigarettes with a pin, so the ashes would not fall and her opponents would lose concentration waiting for the ashes to fall on the board. And so on. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

thank for your help. I M a private tutor and often teach kids how to play Backgammon and would like this book to add enrichment to the lessons.

Anyone have a lead? Thanks in advance.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.