[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

62S-62D-51 — Nactation

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Wednesday, 29 October 2014, at 1:55 a.m.

In Response To: 62S-62D-51Z-53P-63 — Correcting Nactation (Taper_Mike)

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 159
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 166
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-b----E-C--AcDa--cae----AA:0:0:1:51:0:0:3:0:10

62S-62D-51

Entering portions of a move are optionally waived, so it is permissible to nactate only the non-entering portion (and for that we'll focus on the outer board). One may do so with the D (Down) family, or with a numeral (0 = 11/10, or 8 = 13/8), or in the case of 13/8 you can use T (sTack/Tower).

As Mike astutely notes, I nactated Blue's 51 with the wrong member of the D family. (I failed to notice there was more than one member, the key being that in general "down" refers to portions to or within the outer board.)

Ranking is based on the checker destination in the outer board, where farthest from the 6pt ranks highest (see page 59 of the Nactation tutorial):

.....D = bar/20 11/10
.....d. = bar/24 13/8
.....D = bar/20 8/7

If you choose to nactate both halves of the play, B (Both) = bar/20 11/10, and b = bar/20 8/7, and Z (reverse split) = bar/24 13/8 -- or for that last one you can use S (Split) by the convenience clause.

The move actually played was bar/24 13/8, which has the five Nactation options expounded in the above paragraphs (my own order of preference being T, Z, S, 8, d).

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.