[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Florida and Connecticut ABT events

Posted By: Neal Weiner
Date: Saturday, 8 November 2014, at 6:20 p.m.

Hiya All,

Before I proceed I would like to applaud all of our ABT directors and their staff.

I did not attend Peoria, but heard it was a blast, so Kudos to Linda Rockwell and Staff.

I had the pleasure of being a co Director with my wife Kathy and Rick Wolf. Rick runs the meetup weekly in Fort lauderdale and Kudos to him for gathering the locals. I cannot imagine anyone putting in more prep hours than my wife for this event. Kathy, built the website, made the trophy's, and did hours upon hours of prep work. I just showed up and help run a well planned event. Thanks to all of you for attending, we had many from out of town and thank you for your kind words. We had a 33 percent boost in attendance and likely with this success will build from there.

The tournament raised 700 dollars for Ronald McDonald House.....thank you to all for that. Kathy and I planned to match those funds to someone very special to us that RMH helped . Upon reflection we doubled that with a successful tournament as motivation.

Got home and off to Connecticut for Their event. Ross and staff did a fine job. Their venue was in the Sheraton connected to the airport. A major convenience since the weather outside was cold, at least compared to Florida. Got to meet some new players from the Northeast and I enjoyed their company.

Some personal reflection:

1) Going to an event is easier than running one. Both are fun in their own way.

2) I cashed for a long time in the advanced level. However I never read a book on the game or studied a match. I will say it is a good idea if you intend to be good at this game it requires work, not something in my immediate plans to keep with my life balances. Not sure how many players these days with all the tools they have are self taught.

3) Thanks to all of you , individually and collectively.

This is no Fish tale or perhaps it is (inside joke) Thanks again for that. ^5 NEAL

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.