[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

THE FIRST FEMALE NO. 1 GIANT?

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 23 November 2014, at 11:00 p.m.

How can you not vote for Akiko? I know, I know, the voting isn't for another couple of years. I know, Mochy and Michy and Falalel MCG and Victor and Petko and Bob and Steve and John and Kit and others might still prove to be better technically.

But my understand of the Giant voting is that it is not just about technical skill...though that is important. It is not just about results. But that is important. It's also about what they player brings to the game.

Has anyone been more of a lady (gentleman?) both in victory and defeat. Akiko has battled illness as well as living in a country that does not make it particularly easy or cheap to make it to major tournaments around the world (like Las Vegas and Chicago and Londonand Cyprus). But she has done it. And in every category she has prove that she deserves all the recognition we can give her.

So even if she doesn't make it to the top, and as of now she has my vote, she deserves our respect and admiration for truly becoming a true star. She is an inspiration to all of us, and certainly to women everywhere.

I am proud to be one of the first to congratulate her and give her the credit she deserves.

Kit Woolsey was my first professional backgammon teacher...the first one I paid for lesson...Oswald and others were more mentors. Kit's lesson were among the best, and I sure that if he wasn't such a huge success in Bridge we would see more of him in the finals of backgammon. That Akiko defeated such a tremendous adversary in the finals of Las Vegas is just one more reason to consider her as the No. 1 Giant in the world NEXT TIME.

I stress "next time" because Mochy has earned his right to that title for 2 years, but he's going to have to work hard to stay there and to get my vote over Akiko next time.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.