[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another Baffle box--by popular demand

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 1 December 2014, at 6:25 p.m.

My current baffle box is the 6th generation. It is smaller than the others because it is easier to travel with and costs less ($45.00). And it has been quite a success...over 100 sold (I have sold close to 300 baffle boxes in total by the way.) Here is the video on that box, which I will continue to make and sell:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ms6z5vCTc&list=UUmoXLrcN-ybAfGlPZP2LahQ

But some people don't like the smaller box...it is a little harder to get the dice into the smaller opening. The previous version was quite a bit larger, with about a 5" square opening, and it was heavier plastic and had felt over the baffles. The cost was $75.00, and if I were to make that same box today, it would have to sell for $100.00 because of the cost of the material and labor to make that box.

But I have found a happy medium. The same size as the larger box, but with the thinner plastic and no felt on the baffles. Because it is thinner plastic it is lighter and much less expensive to make, and there is a lot of labor saved by not having the felt on the baffles. Also, the felt was originally there to reduce sound, and with the thinner plastic it is still quiet.

So if you want the larger box, that is available and I will have some this coming weekend in LA. Price is $60.00.

Also, if you are in LA, you can play me for one of these boxes or for an Erhan $500 board in any of these three side events:

BACKGAMMON BOARD CHALLENGE MATCH

Put up $350.00* and play Phil a 1 or 3 point match, your choice. If you win, you get a $500.00 Erhan Backgammon board. If you lose, you can put up $200.00 and play again for the board. If you lose the second time, you can buy the board for $100.00 *Intermediates pay $325.00

SMALL BAFFLE BOX CHALLENGE

Put up $30 and play Phil a 1 point match. If you win, you get a $45 baffle box. If you lose, pay $20 and play again for the box. If you lose the second time, the box is yours for $10.

LARGE BAFFLE BOX CHALLENGE

Put up $40 and play Phil a 1 point match. If you win, you get a $60 large baffle box. If you lose, pay $30 and play for the box. If you lose the second time, the box is yours for $10.

[Note that I sell a bag to hold baffle boxes for $10.00. If you win a box you can buy the bag for $5.00]

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.