[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT – Comcast Dumps Constant Guard Protection Suite

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Friday, 5 December 2014, at 2:50 a.m.

In January, Comcast will transfer their Constant Guard Protection Suite to a third-party company named White Sky. Comcast subscribers will still be able to download and use the Norton Antivirus for free. Comcast subscribers can uninstall Constant Guard or else continue to use it under the new White Sky brand.

You can learn about the change here:

Comcast transfers Constant Guard to White Sky
Alert and Frequently Asked Questions

The second of these contains a link where Comcast customers can download NAV for free.

This is great news for me. The only reason I installed Constant Guard several years ago was so that I could get the free Norton Antivirus. As I have never used Constant Guard, I have been barraged with pop-up notices which repeatedly request that I install one feature or another.

The last insult was to change my browser's search engine default to White Sky. This occurred today without any request to get my permission. I believe it was either part of the uninstall or else it was a push-update to Constant Guard. Long ago, I consented to automatic updates of Constant Guard.

After uninstalling White Sky, my next move to reboot and run Norton's LiveUpdate. I had no problems getting 4 updates from Norton.

Mike

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.