[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Don't totally agree, but also congrats to great winners but let's not forget Patrick

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 8 December 2014, at 4:20 p.m.

In Response To: Congratulations, LA Winners: Otis, Norm, Carol & More; New Rule Proposed (Paul Weaver)

I would agree with a ruling that any two people who are in the same immediate family should be placed in opposite brackets, but that is where I would draw the line. Mochy and Michi should not have any more advantage than anyone else.

Every tournament I enter I would ask not to be in the same bracket at Mochy and that would increase my equity...and everyone else should ask the same thing. How would you handle that?

Okay, so you can say that both players have to be in on the request.

That would add just one more complication for the TD in doing the draws. Also, let's say Mochy and Michi separated and then one of them won...others would say they had an unfair advantage by not having to risk meeting earlier.

But I like the spirit of your recommendation for people who are related.

It was nice to see Norn, Odis, and Carol win...three of the nicest, fairest, best sports playing the game.

Lastly, another wonderfully run event by the great Patrick Gibson and his staff. With no disrespect to other hard-working tournament directors, nobody handles the rules and disputes better than Patrick.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.