[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Need suggestions for club points system for two classes (Sharks and Fish) of tournaments

Posted By: leobueno
Date: Wednesday, 17 December 2014, at 8:51 p.m.

Our club crowns a champion at the end of each year. In 2014, the winner was the player who won the most weekly tournaments. Next year we are going to tweak things a bit. We will likely award n-1 points to the winner of a tournament, where n is the number of players, and 1/2(n-1) to the runner up. If you have other suggestions, on this aspect of our system please advise.

The primary reason for this post is to ask for your suggestion on how to allocate points when we have two tournament classes: Sharks (experienced/$50 entry fee) and Fish (inexperienced and wimps/$5 entry fee).

I am looking for a reasonable factor. Out of thin air, I am thinking that Shark tournament wins should be worth twice as much as Fish tournament wins. Having no additional information or gauge, I realize that 2 is an arbitrary factor. Here is where you come in.

Question: What is a reasonable Shark/Fish factor?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.