[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Stronger RO and more candidates

Posted By: svilo
Date: Tuesday, 23 December 2014, at 9:15 p.m.

In Response To: Stronger RO and more candidates (Bob Koca)

Sorry, I was abroad for 5 days. The new candidates are brilliant and I would probably pick them (if I saw them) without much thought, if I played with clocks. Trapping and blocking plans against running, holding and gammon saving chances. Rich candidate list and a lot to think and lose one's clock time:)

The 7/3 play just confirms it's strength as a nearest forced trapping almost overcomes the 3 pt tower ugliness. The strength of the nearest (even unforced)5 and 6 pt trappings seems to be less in the trapping but in the blocking value they have.

Thank you for those lengthy quality RO, Bob.

I have seen a lot of trapping plays in similar positions. But i haven't seen a comprehensive discussion. When do we trap high and when low. When do we trap with a blot and when do we trap "safe". A lot of times we trap safe. And the reasons may be different. To race him, to gammon him, to block him, to squeeze him, to break his board.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.