[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Two boxes available

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 25 December 2014, at 4:50 p.m.

In Response To: Revised Baffle Box Rules (Phil Simborg)

I now offer two baffle boxes, both are made out of clear plastic with the same design.

The smaller is about 3.5 in. square and sells for $45.00 plus shipping, and the larger one is about 5 in. square and sells for $60.00 plus shipping.

Shipping is about $7 in the U.S. and about $20 overseas.

I provide a very nice carrying bag for $10.00.

You can buy the smaller box directly from the USBGF with the USBGF logo on it for the same price.

I have no problem using either box, and I actually prefer the smaller because it is lighter to carry in my board, blocks the view of the board less, sits more easily on most boards, and I don't have to raise my arm as high to put the dice in the box.

Others prefer the larger box because it is a larger opening and it is easier to get the dice into the box.

I no longer make the wooden box with magnets because it is quite expensive to make and the solid box blocks the view of the board. I no longer make the thicker plastic box with the felt on the baffles because that is also quite expensive, and with the thinner plastic we don't need the felt to quiet the sound...it is plenty quiet.

Some say they are concerned that the thinner plastic might break more, and we have had some broken pieces. My answer to that is I have found the thinner plastic is actually less brittle and breaks less, and when people have broken pieces, I replace them for no charge (except mailing expense).

We have all heard the debates about the advantages of the baffle box and why some people don't like them, so I will not go into that again. But I do want to see one thing about using the baffle box. Whenever I am using one, be it a tournament or money game, I am more relaxed. Bottom line as I am not so uptight or worried about whether my opponent is shaking the dice and how he is rolling them and whether his cup is on the table or whether he is dropping the dice from a high enough point or allowing them to roll. I am not worried about catching the dice that he rolls too hard so it won't go flying on the floor. It is simply a more pleasant game to play, and I also believe the box adds aesthetically to the game.

Our regular chouette is played at Starbucks, and we often have people come over to comment and ask about the box....I have even sold a couple as a result.

Thanks to all of you who have bought boxes...I can assure you that I make very little profit on the sales and I make and sell the boxes mostly because I think it improves the game. For those who disagree, I have always believed that everyone is entitled to be wrong.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.