Backgammon New Year's Resolutions
Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 31 December 2014, at 8:40 p.m.
Every year I make separate resolutions relating to my backgammon and non-backgammon life. I find that when I declare them publicly I have a greater commitment to live up to them.
Here are my resolutions relating to Backgammon:
1. I will continue to never, ever complain about luck or the dice.
2. I will try to make the best move every time instead of focusing on winning.
3. I will spend more time studying positions and areas where I am weak instead of just playing.
4. I will do more to support the USBGF and the growth of the game in general.
5. I will try to make more tournaments around the world and be supportive and helpful to the people who run and organize these events.
6. I will work hard to improve my backgammon lessons and teaching skills.
7. I will try to be more patient, understanding, and humble towards all the jerks and idiots who are far beneath me in so many ways.
Messages In This Thread
BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.