[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

List of 85 registered for Open in S.A.

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 28 January 2015, at 10:47 p.m.

Below is the list of people currently registered for the Open. Quite impressive.

IF I were a betting man, it would be fun to speculate on the odds of many different variations.

For example: What are the odds that the one of the top 10 Giants in attendance win? I believe they are: Mochy, Michi, Neil, MCG, Petko, Wachtel, Sax, Stick, Victor, and Malcolm. (My guess is fair odds would be something like 3-1 against.)

What are the odds that a non-American will win? (I think something like 2-1 against?)

What are the odds that a woman will win? (15-1?)

What are the odds that someone from Chicago area will win: MCG, Kazaross, Roman, Simborg, Mattig, Pascar, Presser. (Maybe 8-1?)

It would be fun to be able to make bets like this, especially at tournaments where there is no calcutta, but of course, there are people who believe this is bad for the game and whoever did it would be doing it for huge personal gain or to find a way to cheat people, so I guess it just won't happen. But it's fun to think about.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.