[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Impressions from San Antonio

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Tuesday, 3 February 2015, at 4:11 p.m.

I apologize if there have been other posts in this regard that I should have added to, instead of making a new one.

However, I want to make a point that I was dutifully impressed that Chuck Bower overcame such a tough field to win that beautiful board and the Texas State Championship. This is the second time I have seen Chuck appear and escape with all of the hardware and cash in recent memory, and at 59 (almost) recent memory is not very long at all. Congratulations Chuck, you have always been a gentleman, and you seem to have become a scholar!

Dennis Culpepper? Another fine showing, a glossy online rating, and a super class act. He impresses me constantly on an ongoing basis. Possibly his worst beat was at my hands in last years SJP, and he didn't even flinch, and the last game was SICK. I had all 15 checkers spread between the two respective ace points... and won the match in that game!

Phil Simborg: Hmm. The worlds greatest teacher? I think it is time you come to see me (like Julius High once did). Maybe I can get you over the hump? I know that nobody else feels bad for you, because you took second and beat them all... But I understand, as the former Sultan of Second Place. Even Carter, who I transferred the turban to some years back, has gotten in the winners circle this year. I will offer you a similar rate, the same you offered me once... $500 per hour. Nice lecture, as usual, my partner was thrilled with Bob Wachtel's book she got as a prize!

Stick: Welcome back, it was refreshing to see you and hear you again. Excellent to see you play well streamed live, too. Not so hot to have you cheat and help Rory during the hearts game, but he lost anyway.

MCG: You have become the man. The giggling, happy man. The filthy rich man, in terms of worldwide respect and admiration. You are the best thing that has happened to backgammon in the last ten years.

Akiko, Mochy, Michy: World Champion, #1 Giant, #2 Giant. Enough said.

Michelle Steinberg, Julius High: Thank you for your tireless work for the backgammon community at large. Congratulations on becoming USBGF board members.

Bill Riles, Tara and staff (including Connie): First class tournament, Hall of Fame dinner and ceremony and best Super Bowl party I ever attended. People were nice and friendly even though the end of the game was more nauseating for Seattle fans than losing a match that you once led 10*-0/11.

Backgammon is alive and well in Texas and the USA!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.