[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ultimate XG Settings – help please

Posted By: Backgame
Date: Friday, 6 February 2015, at 11:56 a.m.

Fellows;

Need help from the Pros from Dover re ultimate XG settings. I built a new pretty powerful desktop a few months ago (specs at bottom if interested – many thanks to Igor Erovenko for helping me with component and compatibility recommendations!) My stock speed is consistently at 4.0 – 4.1 GHz yielding 6.9M pos/s in XG. I’ve played a bit with OC and can easily run cool and stable at 4.5 GHz – sure I can push it another couple of 10ths but probably won’t.

I’ve tinkered with my XG analysis and rollout settings to take advantage of this new found power, but when I analyze things like transcribed matches and some of the posted rollouts I get different results, sometimes markedly so. Thus my questions – any responses or credible help would be appreciated.

1. Match evaluations - are there established standards? If so, are they consistently applied to transcribed matches, and events like Dual-Duel, BMAB, Mochy PR, Danes v World, etc. Would someone share them with me? If they are not standard I’d like recommendations on what I should use.

2. Rollouts – again are there standard rollout parameters. For example a number of people do rollouts for Opening Book positions and 30k, 60k “definitive" rollouts. Are consistent parameters used? If so, would someone share them with me? If not, again recommendations please.

3. ”Deep” rollouts – what does that mean compared to rollouts. Are there set parameters or do they vary by type of position or other variables?

4. Bearoff database – obviously I have enough resources to use the max 13, but again is there a standard, an efficient middle ground?? How much does a stronger DB effect analysis and rollout accuracy?

If someone that knows what they are doing (Neil, Stick, Dmitriy - maybe Seth or Bill the PC gurus) can help with any of these questions – perhaps post or email screen prints of the relevant XG settings pages, or simply provide some answers I would appreciate it. Obviously once I get set up properly I can help with some of the rollout projects and contribute to some of the problems posted here.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edge

Key Component list below

• Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150
  • ASUS Z97-PRO LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
  • G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
  • SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • CORSAIR Hydro Series H105 Extreme Performance 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler.
  • CORSAIR AX series AX760 760W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS PLATINUM
  • Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Gunmetal Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
  • 2TB SATA III 6 Gb/s hard drive - bought to back up my data when my old PC started to die.
  • Optical drives - salvaged from my old PC

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.