[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

a tournament format idea

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 17 February 2015, at 2:13 a.m.

In Response To: a tournament format idea (Jason Lee)

The captain is the one assigned to take charge of the group and keep it moving and keep the score. Hopefully there is someone experienced in each group, but if there is not or a group appears to be hard to handle, the TD should probably assign a staff member to keep a close eye on that group.

Yes, the 16 is a typo. Try to get down to 8 players.

Yes, to ALL of your fine comments and recommendations. I agree round robin could mean the last match is a player with no chance and that's not fun or fair for all. So modified swiss and winners against winners and anyone with 2 losses, goodbye.

Tom's idea of the player's winning team getting a piece of the prize money is really cool. I think it may be a little too much to give, but the concept is very cool. Fun to have a whole team rooting for you and all ideas to spread the money around a bit seem like fun to me...more people go home happy. The winner still gets plenty of money but I would love to see a few more people at least get their entry fee back.

If you have a smaller tournament and only 4 groups, then you can take the top 2 from each group.

As for the time delays, this is a separate issue, but I am someone who believes there is too much time no matter what the format, except for the finals where there are no more matches waiting and there is more on the line. And of course I am talking here more about the Open Division. In lower divisions the players are generally not as skilled using the clock and we don't want lots of people timing out or getting frustrated, so I am in favor of giving them the standard ABT times.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.