[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mochy and Falafel coming to US Open

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 13 March 2015, at 1:03 p.m.

Mochy and Falafel coming to US Open:

It is confirmed that Mochy will be coming to the US Open in Las Vegas April 15-20 to play in that event, and also to compete in the Mochy/Simborg Duel on Monday, the 20th, the day after the event. Thanks to Howard Markowitz for helping us work out the time and place and internet connection with the Fabulous Flamingo Hotel. Go to www.nvbg.com for tournament details.

The challenge match will be 30 money games but I will start with the cube. Opening roll will alternate--no doubles allowed on opening rolls. It will be streamed world-wide and a video made for YouTube featuring highlights, with Falafel and Tuvya providing live commentary. We will stop from time to time to discuss interesting positions that occurred, with XG analysis, but I have promised not to be too critical of Mochy’s blunders…after all, he’s only human and will probably be very nervous playing someone of my experience, skill and reputation (and I will be allowed to bad-mouth him during the match).

It will be projected on a big screen for a live audience, so if you are coming to Vegas, plan to stay a day longer…the duel will start at 1PM. A benefactor has provided money for the expenses and a generous donation to Mochy’s Under25 program for youth in Japan, and both live and on line spectators will be asked to give a voluntary $5 donation to the program. Mochy and I will have a “friendly” but significant bet per point that we will not be publicizing as we want to keep the video “family-friendly” to help promote the game.

If the results of 30 games is not decisive (I believe I will kill him by the way), and if the response is significant, we might arrange some kind of rematch, but I would allow Mochy to get some help to give him more of a chance if that happens.

Mochy, on the other hand, believes he will kill me, and given that several of his recently posted matches are higher than 1 PR, I believe he is delusional. We’ll see. Anyway, it should be fun and I will post streaming details here when we get closer to the event.

A special clock provided by Chris Yep will be used to keep things moving at a fast, fun pace. The timing will be set fairly short, but 3 seconds per move will be added to the bank in case of longer, more complicated games (I intend to confuse Mochy as much as possible by putting him into positions that no one has ever seen before!)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.