[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Making a "Playable" Backgammon Quiz?

Posted By: channingW
Date: Friday, 20 March 2015, at 10:02 p.m.

A couple months ago I started saving my match errors as individual XG position files and then going back over them a few days later like flashcards. I find this helps me. I was thinking that it would neat if I could put a bunch of positions in a "slideshow" so that I could actually play them one after another without having to reset everything each time. At the end I could see how many I got wrong and my overall equity loss. This would also be cool for people who construct backgammon quizzes.

There's a great website called http://www.bgtrain.com/ that is very similar to what I'm talking about. The only problem is you have to use his database. I contacted the owner about altering it so people could put in their own positions. He seemed to like the idea and said it is possible. However, he was too busy with other stuff to make the necessary changes.

Recently I noticed that he has posted his source code. I wonder if someone with programming knowledge could look into the feasibility of creating a playable BG quiz. Or better yet, clue me in if there's already a way to do this. Let me know what you think.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.