[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Hockey ruling(?) -- OT

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Sunday, 22 March 2015, at 7:48 p.m.

So I'm waiting for the PGA tour event coverage to start on NBC (after the Big Ten Spartans whooped the ACC Cavaliers -- one of the few bright spots for my home conference so far this NCAA tournament) and, 'drats', the NHL game (St Louis at Detroit) is tied with ~4 minutes remaining in regulation.

A St. Louis player's skate blade comes off his boot (how often do you see that??!!) and he's having a lot of trouble getting off the ice so a sub can replace him. With no stoppage of play, the ref pushes the player towards the bench! I've seen a basketball ref stop play for an injury but can't think of anything like this. And although the announcers pointed it out they didn't sound surprised in the least. Is this really within the rules?

P.S. Game went to OT but Detroit had a power play carryover from regulation and scored in the first 30 seconds. Now for a real sport, Carter.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.