[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mochy/Simborg Duel is Set

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 25 March 2015, at 4:53 a.m.

If you are going to the US Open in Vegas, you might want to stay an extra day. At 1 PM at the Flamingo Hotel Mochy and I will cross swords. The live audience, watching on a big screen, will be treated to the mellow tones of Falafel and Carter, one of whom will provide expertise on what is happening.

If you cannot make the event in person, it will be streamed world wide, and we are asking for a voluntary donation of $5.00 to Mochy's Under25 Backgammon Program in Japan.

We will play 30 money games with me starting with the cube on 2. We will play with a clock to assure things move along at a fun, brisk pace. Mochy believes his superior play will overcome the spot of the cube. I intend to surprise everyone by outplaying Mochy. (Wish me luck.)

While we will have considerable rewards and penalties for winning and losing at stake, we will not be advertising the financial arrangements of this engagement as we certainly intend to comply with all state and federal laws. And we will be making an abbreviated version of the match for YouTube for general public consumption.

We offer our sincere thanks to Geoffrey Parker Backgammon boards who has provided a special board for this occasion, and to Erhan 869 Boards (and I) who have donated one of their boards to go to the Under25 youngster who will be at the event, coming all the way from Japan.

Also a big thanks to Howard Markowitz who has made special arrangements with the Flamingo for a room for the event, and to Tuvya Felt who is responsible for managing the streaming, taping, projecting, and Carter.

We will post the link for streaming on this site during the US Open.

If you are not aware of the history, Mochy put out a challenge that he believed he could spot anyone the cube with more than a 3PR average higher than his, and I accepted the challenge. I intend to make sure that there is more than a 3PR difference so there will be no doubt of the legitimacy of the contest.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.