[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Moves leading up to today's OLM - Long

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 20 January 2007, at 8:54 a.m.

Match to 25, White leads 9 to 8
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Readers move 13/8.

Not only am I good at playing forced moves but jokers are my favorite kind ;) Stick moves 24/16

Chumps. Readers move 15/9*/7. With my 5 pt. board there's no reason to leave any flyers.

I'm still in this race bigtime if I can wiggle out. Stick moves bar/21 4/3

Readers move 8/3(2) 7/2 6/1. You'd certainly prefered a POH or P&P # but this @ least catches you up in the race?

Stick moves 21/14. I'm going to kill the suspense here, you fuckers outrolled me and won 2 points. On to the next game.

Match to 25, White leads 9 to 10

Stick moves 24/21 13/11. Rarely do I play two down with this roll. The rollouts show the plays as basically equal but I'm much more comfortable with the big split. Just a preference.

I think all the readers know this reply. Early on it's more important to keep flexible and fight for your higher points than to play something stackish like 13/8 or the double ugly split 24/20 24/21. Readers move 24/23 8/4*

Stick moves bar/21* 13/9 6/2*(2). Woo hoo!

Readers move bar/24 bar/22. Nicely played.

Before this roll I certainly had to think about a cube. I'm way up in the race, in attacking potential, even have my back men split. I'm up in every aspect of the game, all you've done since the beginning of the game is lose 14 pips! If you only come in with 1 man it's an easy cube, no thoughts about it, here though with all my upper board points open I don't see many market losers. Since you're anchored on my ace point that cuts down on some of the gammons (though I should still rack up a few) and gives you solid long term chances. Aside from that I feel I have too much to clean up for just one turn. The take is also too easy, not meaning it isn't a double, but I'm going to wait a roll and see if I can give you something to think about.

For the move I briefly looked at making the 5 pt. It is the 5 pt. and I'd love to have it. Making the 3 puts you on the bar when I have a much stronger board, plenty of wood in the zone if you enter on the high points or fail to enter completely. It also doesn't leave a direct shot which making the 5 pt. would. Making the 3 on your tiny little skulls is clear. Stick moves 9/3* 6/3

No Move

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.