[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Three Rules from Tardieu's Article

Posted By: channingW
Date: Sunday, 29 March 2015, at 3:59 a.m.

In Response To: Why is hitting so bad here? (John O'Hagan)

Thank you for the help, Timothy and John. I think I've got the basic idea. It'll take me a while longer to get to where I can do these kinds of calculations OTB, however. Lately I've been spending about 2 hours studying BG for every hour I play. This forum has been an awesome resource for me.

Thanks also to Karol, for the great link. Three rules to consider from Tardieu:

R1: when you have 5 or less checkers out whatever your play you must always minimize shots.

R2: once you have at least 9 checkers out, it is always right to take out an extra checker if you donít leave more than 4 extra shots

R3: Between 6 and 8 checkers out it is always right to leave one extra shot to bear off an extra man.

From Stick via TC's reply: (These are the newest numbers I found)

The table below is a summary of one checker closed out at double match point according to XG 4-ply rollouts with x checkers off for your opponent and assuming you have the perfect spare distribution of 654.

Number Off Win Percentage ----------- --------------

0 off 98

1 off 96

2 off 94

3 off 90

4 off 85

5 off 78

6 off 70

7 off 61

8 off 51

9 off 42 10 off 32 11 off 24 12 off 17 13 off 22 14 off 8

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.