[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cool change to BgTrain.com

Posted By: ChanningW
Date: Thursday, 2 April 2015, at 2:01 a.m.

http://www.bgtrain.com is a site that allows users to play randomly generated positions drawn from GNU backgammon. I've been going there off and on for 6 months or so. To be honest, the problems were a little too random for me to feel like I was getting anything out of it, so I stopped going there much.

I've been emailing the site owner for a while now, and he's been very open to my suggestions. He's already starting to make some interesting changes. You can now limit the database to show only cube decisions. I've found that this has made things more interesting and has helped my game. I'm now lobbying for an option to limit the checke-play database to the the first 4 moves.

I'm hoping more people in the BG community will give BgTrain a try and maybe even offer him feedback and suggestions for making it better. My ultimate goal is an option that allows people to be able to upload their own positions. Does anyone have experience with this site, or other sites that offer similar features?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.