[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ethics

Posted By: Brett Meyer
Date: Sunday, 5 April 2015, at 4:24 a.m.

What is (or is not) ethical when playing an inferior opponent who is willing to play for serious money?

-Doing a pip-count, then announcing (intentionally) the wrong results of the count (i.e., announcing that you're way ahead when you're not or vice-versa) in order to affect your opponent's decision on an upcoming cube or to affect their upcoming decision on cubing?

-Compliment your opponent on a checker play that you know was incorrect & increases your game-winning chances?

-Complaining about your dice roll, when it was advantageous to you, although you know that your opponent would not recognize that it was actually a nice roll?

-Before your roll, you say, "I'm too good to double you now"...when, in fact, that is certainly not the case?

-Before HIS roll, you say, "I may have to drop a cube here," when you know that you will definitely take the cube (or even beaver)?

-You say, "I know I may be ahead on the score sheet, but I've just been getting lucky dice," when you KNOW that you are ahead because you are a better player?

I could go on & on with examples, but what do you guys think is acceptable (ethically) when playing against an inferior player w/ cash to burn?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.