[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Additional fun in Las Vegas next week

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 7 April 2015, at 3:57 a.m.

There will be opportunities to get some action in addition to the Calcutta.

Joe Russell, Howard Markowitz and I will offer a variety of ways you can bet on your favorite player, favorite group of players, and all kinds of other combinations of bets and get reasonable odds. (Will a Giant reach the finals? Will a US Citizen win the tournament? Will the winner be over or under 55 years of age? In what round will someone win one of my "I Beat Carter" hats?)

In addition, you can get in on the action for the Mochy/Simborg Duel on Monday by placing bets on either of us and some other interesting bets we will be offering. For example, what are the odds that Mochy will play over 5 PR? With me rattling him and Carter and Falafel doing commentary...he'd be lucky to stay in single digits. How many times do you think I will backgammon Mochy? How many times in the 30 games will we see the cube on 8?

The duel will take place at the Flamingo on Monday, April 20th, 1PM. Again, I will play Mochy 30 money games and I get to start with the Cube on 2, and gammons and backgammons count. A clock will keep it moving quickly.

So plan to stay a day later to watch live if you are there, and bring some extra cash to get in on the extra-curricular activities.

Oh, yes, I will also give people a chance to play me for some beautiful, special Las Vegas commemorative Erhan Backgammon Boards (or if you don't feel lucky, you can just buy the boards).

Remember, what happens in Vegas will not stay in Vegas....it will be streamed worldwide at www.twitch.tv/backgammontv.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.