[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Mochy/Simborg Duel Streaming

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 15 April 2015, at 2:43 p.m.

I continue to get emails asking how I did against Mochy. Don't you think if it was over and I won you would have heard all about it by now?

The match is Monday, April 20th, at 1 PM Pacific. We will play 30 money games with me holding the cube on 2 (gammons are activated), and we will not be publicizing the stakes but suffice it to say that we both have a major incentive to play our best and win. Also, there will be a book and side bets and many people have already made significant side bets on who will get the better of the deal. A clock will keep things moving fairly rapidly.

Falafel and Carter will be doing live commentary to a live audience (on a big screen) and streaming on www.twitch.tv/backgammontv

Tuvya Felt will be transcribing and XG information will be available to the commentators and audience, and from time to time we will break to hear what Mochy and I were thinking (or in my case, not thinking) at the time of a very interesting cube or checker play. Tuvya will also share his insights once in a while if Falafel and Carter give him a chance.

The purpose of the exercise is basically to see what the cube is worth and if the cube advantage is enough for me to be able to beat The No. 1 Backgammon Giant in the world. And, it should be fun to see if and how we both change our strategies to win and to hear what the commentators think about our decisions.

Many are planning on staying in Vegas an extra day, as this should be fun to watch and hear live, and all are invited to attend. We ask everyone watching live or on line to give a voluntary donation of $5.00 to Mochy's Under25 group that offers lessons, competition, and prizes to the youth of Japan. One of my students underwriting the expenses of this competition, and I, have donated a $500 board to a Japanese Youth who will be in Las Vegas for the tournament, and Geoffrey Parker Boards has supplied boards at a significant discount to sponsor this event and to be used during the competition.

See you on the 20th.

(Please email me if you know of any of Mochy's weaknesses that I can exploit!)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.