[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Elo calculator relating to holding cube value

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Tuesday, 21 April 2015, at 4:21 p.m.

In Response To: Elo calculator relating to holding cube value (Michael Sullivan)

I saw posted some old data from a 50,000 game trial with jellyfish(which tells you how old it is). Now I don't trust jellyfish like I do gnu or XG, but it was still a very strong bot, so how far off is it likely to be?

Second off, I wouldn't worry too much about Jellyfish creating the sample set. It's still (and maybe always will be) a better player than 99% of humans. If not for the standard backgame exploitation vulnerability it might be better than 100% currently. (There I go stirring up another hornet's nest.)

First off, can you either post a link (if it's online) or else give a breakdown of the game-by-game results? In another thread here we were discussing number of expected games in matches of different length and the average points per $-game were brought up. Without Jacoby makes the numbers you reference even more meaningful in that context.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.