[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Streaming with Twitch - OT

Posted By: tuvi
Date: Tuesday, 21 April 2015, at 7:25 p.m.

For many people who watched the mochy simborg duel it was their first experience with twitch.tv. Many people had a great experience while others experienced a lot of loading.

We broadcasted at 1080p, which is a high bandwidth stream and if your internet connection is not grade A there can easily be lag. We did this because we were recording the match and wanted it high quality, but looking back now I should have broadcasted at 720p. I will know for next time. Twitch does not allow you to change the quality to lower settings unless your channel has over 300 viewers or is a special account. I am sure if the USBGF contacted twitch they can make an exception for them. Twitch has a great chat interface which is why I wanted to use it. I think twitch is much better than USTREAM. You can follow the channel and all of the broadcasts will always be in the same place and easy to find.

This was my first time broadcasting a backgammon match and it was much more difficult than I thought. I now appreciate all of the time people put into streaming tournaments. They volunteer and do a great service for all of us. Make sure to thank the person streaming at your tournament.

Also, a cord became dislodged during the first part of the match and froze the computer. We might have lost that file and if we did there is no way to get it back. However, we still have the last 2 hours of the match with commentary, so at least that will be made available soon.

I hope everyone had fun. I know I did.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.