[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Atlanta Thoughts

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 4 May 2015, at 3:17 p.m.

I very much enjoyed the tournament. Congratulations to Gregg Cattanach, Jerry Godsey, and the remainder of the staff for a tournament well run. It was most encouraging to see their attendance up 40% in comparison to last year.

It was also very encouraging to see a number of young people in attendance. We nicknamed four the "Young Guns" -- Di Di, Tuvya Felt, Frank Raposa, and Brian Lonergan. Very nice performances in the Championship division for these 'youngsters' -- Di Di lost in the Championship to finish second and Brian won the Consolation. There were also three stylish young gents from Asheville (I believe) who dressed up the event and added to the youthful invasion. I apologize I didn't get their names, but great to have them there.

Congratulations to all and, particularly, to the winners. Saba Bejanishvili in the Championship and Peter Roubicek in the Intermediate. Joe Russell in the Master Jackpot and Carl Sorg in the Limited Jackpot. Karen Davis and Joe Russell in the doubles.

Really enjoyed a great Masters final between Joe Russell and Ray Fogerlund. Unfortunately it wasn't streamed as it was played concurrently with several other finals. Ray led 12-10/13 and Joe came back to win. Superb play and most civil proceedings. Great to see them shake hands and congratulate each other afterwards for a great match and for the great play; and to see them sharing discussion afterwards over several plays from the match. Props to both. It is great for the game.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.