[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Resurgence of Backgammon - Millennials

Posted By: Ray Cifani
Date: Wednesday, 20 May 2015, at 2:50 p.m.

Millennials, the largest generation in US history, has grown up connected. Like any group, they enjoy games, but are used to online technology. A few years ago, when smart phones became ubiquitous, all the rage was Sudoku, a puzzle game that required critical thinking skills for problem solving. This is encouraging.

Growth of Backgammon needs to come from, and targeted to, Millennials.

I recently installed BackgammonAce on my iPhone, It seems to me this is a perfect proxy to measure the growth of the game. I find myself having a quick game or two during lunch with a real on-line human that makes mistakes! I enjoy playing a quick game without the distraction of XG analytics. This platform will appeal to the new player, particularly the connected type. This needs to be marketed to the online generation.

Eventually, with this stress-free anonymous introduction to the game, it will attract a certain percentage to move into live play and pursue a higher level of play.

I have no stake in BackgammonAce. It just looks like an excellent place to have some fun while having a bowl of soup at lunch.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.