[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Pineapple Bluff Gammon--exciting cube action

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Wednesday, 1 July 2015, at 9:45 p.m.

In the position below, my opponent held a 64 and an 8 cube. Keep in mind we play with 3 dice and you can pick any two, and the roller gets to see his dice before he decides to cube.

My opponent doubled the 64 cube (he is only allowed to double one of the two cubes on each roll). I assumed he had a 3-5 or 3-6 and I passed. Play continued because he still had an 8 cube. He had a 3-5 and hit, and I immediately hit back and won a gammon.

You don't see that kind of action in regular backgammon. Now, I'm not saying "regular" backgammon is bad, and to those of you who don't like change and say leave well enough alone, screw you. Variations and variety are fun. Just because I like pizza doesn't mean I also don't like ribs. So if you haven't tried pineapple bluff gammon you haven't seen a gambling side to backgammon like you've never seen before.

I am going to be in LA July 13-20 giving lessons and playing in chouettes and private games and I already have a bluff-gammon round-robin game in the works with people who know how to gamble and enjoy a challenging game.

White is Player 1

score: 0
pip: 83
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 68
score: 0

Blue is Player 2
XGID=-aBB-CBCBA---------acbbcc-:9:-1:-1:00:0:0:3:0:10
Blue on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.