[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Avoidable Errors in Checker play

Posted By: RobertFontaine
Date: Saturday, 25 July 2015, at 12:35 a.m.

Hopefully this post is less contentious. Although Internet drama is entertaining and I come from poolhall bg and the fibs of old rather than the kinder, gentler world it is trying to become.

I have been watching a lot of open play recently and have learned some excellent lessons. What stands out to me is that they don't make trivial errors.

Is this a result of hours (unlikely) or is there a trick to establishing a repeatable approach to every roll that removes the brain farts from the equation?

At the intermediate level of play a significant percentage of checker errors I see in analysis are a matter of trivial errors, followed by not knowing what to do, and finally not understanding a complex position.

Cube play I leave as a separate subject as the difference between takes and passes, cubes and no cubes can be subtle and even racing cubes require practice in calculation.

So the question is how do you set up for a shot? How do you follow through?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.