[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Better than the Bot

Posted By: RobertFontaine
Date: Saturday, 22 August 2015, at 9:33 p.m.

I've been noticing a couple of anomalies in the last month or so playing far too many games against xg and reviewing my online matches...

1. When I play against xg using tutor mode I seem to win more than my fair share of matches.

2. My 7ish average PR is different from other people's 7 ish average PR in its impact on win rate.

I'm not sure if this is a variation on dice whining or if the combination of strategic play (human) and tactical play (neural network) can be a significant improvement over our current assessments based on the assumption that bot play at x ply is equivalent to best play.

I hypothesize that those plays that the bots deem close in equity but we can see as obviously different in theme have a high enough impact that even a 7ish promptly player will see the effect.

I would guess that there is an opportunity to integrate expert system with neural network to improve overall bot playing strength if this is true...

Or I could just be seeing patterns in white noise and wasting bandwidth.

Thoughts appreciated from the math/actuaries in the crowd.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.